Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Purging of completed translation projects after a period of time in aem 6.5

Level 2

Hi all,

Please help me with the "How to Purge the completed translation projects after a period of time in aem 6.5"

Thanks & Regards,

Madhu 

@arunpatidar @aanchal-sikka 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

To purge completed translation projects in AEM 6.5, you can create a custom workflow process that identifies and deletes projects based on specific criteria (e.g., completion status and date). Schedule this workflow to run periodically using AEM's workflow launcher. This approach allows for easy automation and customization based on your requirements.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 4

Hi! 

If I am not mistaken, there's nothing that you can do with the translation projects

However, you can archive old translation jobs.

So you can create one translation project, then always add new jobs to it instead of creating a new project, then archive those jobs once the translation work is finished.

As that "Archive" button exists there for a job, I suppose the archive operation can be automated somehow, but I've never done this.

Removing incorrect translation projects would be an excellent addition to the AEM, let's wait for what the Adobe guys answer...

Community Advisor

Hello @madhuyadawad - 

In AEM 6.5, there are no out-of-the-box (OOTB) mechanisms specifically designed to automatically purge completed translation projects after a period of time. However, you can achieve this via some custom workflows.

• Create a custom workflow in AEM that targets the translation project content structure. This workflow will handle the deletion of completed translation projects.
  • Configure a Workflow Launcher that triggers the custom workflow on a specific event. For example, you can set it to trigger when a translation project reaches a "Completed" status or after a certain time has passed since completion.

OR

•  If you want to purge projects after a specific period, you can include a time-based condition in the workflow to check the completion date and compare it against the desired timeframe.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/administering/introduction/tc-manage.h... 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

To purge completed translation projects in AEM 6.5, you can create a custom workflow process that identifies and deletes projects based on specific criteria (e.g., completion status and date). Schedule this workflow to run periodically using AEM's workflow launcher. This approach allows for easy automation and customization based on your requirements.

Level 2

Hi,

Can you please provide any reference links for the above solution.

Level 4

Yea, I have just checked, there does exist a delete button for a translation project, I didn't know that so it's possible to do the same using API / Workflows. 

I found API for that, you should use ProjectManager.deleteProject command.

https://developer.adobe.com/experience-manager/reference-materials/6-5/javadoc/com/adobe/cq/projects...

Sample with some additional checks: https://gist.github.com/paulrohrbeck/574a59ad3887705f2f13e0a64f48da68