Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Publishing from Author to Publish instance

Level 4

I was building pages in my local while the DEV environment for author and publish instance was getting configured. Now we have the DEV environment configured so I created a package of conf, dam, experience fragments, and pages separately from my local and installed them in the DEV author instance. I took that approach because there are many pages and didn't want to spend time again building those pages that I built already in my local.

Now, my question is, what is the approach to moving everything (conf, dam, xf, and pages) to Publish instance? 1. Should I just upload and install the packages that I created to the publish instance? 2. Or should I utilize the Quick Publish or Manage Publication feature? If the second option is better then how can I publish everything at once? Not sure about the approach here.

Just to clarify, once already built pages, xf, templates, policy, etc. are installed in publish instance then we will follow the regular process of building the pages in author and then publish it.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @webdev91 

You can consider below options 

1. Commit code to repository and deploy it to publish instance if those are not related to content.
2. Create package from the source and install it to the destination or replicate package itself from author instance.
3. You can also use Tree Activation here http://localhost:4502/libs/replication/treeactivation.html to replicate all at once.

Hope that helps you!

Regards,
Santosh 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @webdev91 

You can consider below options 

1. Commit code to repository and deploy it to publish instance if those are not related to content.
2. Create package from the source and install it to the destination or replicate package itself from author instance.
3. You can also use Tree Activation here http://localhost:4502/libs/replication/treeactivation.html to replicate all at once.

Hope that helps you!

Regards,
Santosh 

Employee Advisor

@webdev91 Depends on your environment and practices in place in your org, You can copy the package to publish, replicate the node, quick publish or use auto-deployment to publish via pipeline. 

Community Advisor

Hi 

AS @SantoshSai mentioned, just replicate the package for code and tree replicate the content and asset and other references.

Arun Patidar