Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Publisher Instance Jar file got Corrupted.

Level 3

Hi All,

In one of my Dev Publisher instance cq-quickstart-6.3.0-standalone-quickstart.jar file got corrupted and its showing the size as '0' bytes. So now we have copied the cq-quickstart-6.3.0-standalone-quickstart.jar file from QA Author instance to Dev Publisher instance then we are able to successfully get the status of the AEM services running etc. Dev publisher URL is not working we are getting 404 error/site when cross checked in error.log for logs we found below error : 

org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzScheduler No discovery available, therefore not executing job 'org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.AsyncIndexUpdate@5ec32f22' with name 'Registered Service.687' and config SINGLE.

Please help me out how to fix this issue and bring my Dev publisher instance back to running.

Thanks,

Nagesh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi All,

I have performed below steps :

1. First we checked whether AEM application/services are running fine, by performing the below step :

Path of the status script: /home/aem/crx-quickstart/bin

2.Once we identified that cq-quickstart-6.3.0-standalone-quickstart.jar file is corrupted so we have replaced the file from Dev/QA Author instance

Below is the set of commands that you can use with AEM 6.3:

1) Download the oak-run-1.6.x.jar version matching the oak version of your instance.

2) Now run the consistency check,

java -jar oak-run-1.6.x.jar check /path/to/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore

which will search backwards through the revisions until it finds a consistent on

3) Revert the repository to this revision by editing ./crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/journal.log and deleting all lines after the line containing the latest good revision.

4) Remove all ./crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/*.bak files.

5) Run checkpoint clean-up to remove orphaned checkpoints: java -jar oak-run-1.6.x.jar checkpoints /path/to/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore rm-unreferenced

6) Finally compact the repository: java -Xmx6000m -jar oak-run-1.6.x.jar compact /path/to/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi All,

I have performed below steps :

1. First we checked whether AEM application/services are running fine, by performing the below step :

Path of the status script: /home/aem/crx-quickstart/bin

2.Once we identified that cq-quickstart-6.3.0-standalone-quickstart.jar file is corrupted so we have replaced the file from Dev/QA Author instance

Below is the set of commands that you can use with AEM 6.3:

1) Download the oak-run-1.6.x.jar version matching the oak version of your instance.

2) Now run the consistency check,

java -jar oak-run-1.6.x.jar check /path/to/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore

which will search backwards through the revisions until it finds a consistent on

3) Revert the repository to this revision by editing ./crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/journal.log and deleting all lines after the line containing the latest good revision.

4) Remove all ./crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/*.bak files.

5) Run checkpoint clean-up to remove orphaned checkpoints: java -jar oak-run-1.6.x.jar checkpoints /path/to/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore rm-unreferenced

6) Finally compact the repository: java -Xmx6000m -jar oak-run-1.6.x.jar compact /path/to/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore