Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Published time for Assets and Sites on Publish instance

Level 3

Hi All,

We have a requirement where we have to provide flexibility to sort the content based on Published time.

The Publish date can be retrieved using: “jcr:content: cq:lastReplicated” property. But the problem is this property is set only on Author instance and not on Publish instance.

I analyzed and found that when the content is replicated for the first time for Author to Publish, the replication date is set in author for “jcr:content: cq:lastReplicated” property and “jcr:created” property is created for same content in Publish instance and has same time stamp. With subsequent replication, the “jcr:created” property remains same and contains timestamp of very first instance it was created in publish instance. We need property which updated constantly in PUBLISH instance associated with content which can suggest when the content is last published.

Thanks.

Nitish

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Nitish, this property actually exists in the AEM6.2 DAM Assets also, you need to check inside jcr:content for the Assets, but i still doubt to use this property in case if we want to get the latest publish date of any asset. I do not see any other property which we can use.

Some one from Adobe, @kautuksahni or @smacdonald2008 needs to tell us if there is any other property exists ?

Thanks ~

Sandeep

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

Nitin, you need to check the jcr:created property which is inside jcr:content of the page in publish. This property update every time when page get activated from author. I guess, you are checking jcr:created property directly inside the page node which remains same when the page first time replicated on the publish. Hope it helps.

Thanks ~

Sandeep

Level 3

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for suggestion but it is associated only with Sites/Pages and not with Assets. Can you suggest.

Thanks.

Nitish

Level 5

i see only a property where latest publish datetime is storing for Dam Assets which is "dam:lastInvalidateCache", not sure if this is the right one to use for dam assets.

Thanks ~

Sandeep

Level 3

Hi Sandeep,

I am unable to see this property in AEM 6.2 in CRXDE.

Thanks.

Nitish

Level 5

This property is available in AEM6.1, need to check in AEM6.2, will revert you back

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Nitish, this property actually exists in the AEM6.2 DAM Assets also, you need to check inside jcr:content for the Assets, but i still doubt to use this property in case if we want to get the latest publish date of any asset. I do not see any other property which we can use.

Some one from Adobe, @kautuksahni or @smacdonald2008 needs to tell us if there is any other property exists ?

Thanks ~

Sandeep