Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Publish Content Fragments Associated Content and Collection

Level 6

Hello,

By the documentation, we are able to associate a collection to a Content Fragment, but, we are not able to publish it. How to publish a collection that is attached to a content fragment, and all itens within it?

Does anynone have similiar requirement?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Daniel Paiva BR wrote...

Hi mvance:

I understand what you mean. The problem is that it states in the dropdown list: "Associated Content". From my view, it mislead the developer and the user to use it as a real Associated Content. Should it be called Content for Reference or so, would make more sense.

In this case, how can the user create a fragment with, for instance, image that gets published?

For now, we are customizing the Metadata area to accept the real Associated Content, but the users did not buy the idea that the current Associated Content is really just for organization purposes. 

Regards.

The main purpose of using a collection with fragments is when authoring the page, the user has access to these associated assets from the content browser on the left hand side.

The assets themselves can be published independently.

I am not sure if the naming of these actions can be made better, I can relay your comments. But to me, content implies physical assets, whereas a collection is a virtual set of assets. It is debatable though

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Administrator

Please have a look at this documentation:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/author/page-authoring/content-fragments.html#Publishing

// Fragments need to be published so they can used used on your published web pages:

A fragment can be published after creating the fragment in the Assets console.
If an unpublished fragment is used on a page that is being published, the fragment can also be published at this time. The fragment is listed as a referenced asset to be published:

[img]https://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/aem/6-2/author/page-authoring/content-fragments/_jcr_content/...

I hope this will help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Hi Kautuk: 

What Francisco is asking is regarding the collection that goes with the content fragment. When we publish the fragment, the collection under associated content does not get published nor the content inside the collection.

Regards.

Daniel Paiva.

Administrator

I have asked the Assets experts to check this. Can you please help us with AEM version?

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Thank you Kautuk. It is AEM 6.2.

Regards.

Employee

Collections are meant to be used on Author only, for internal usage/organisation.

The exception is if you use the Brand Portal cloud service add on, you can publish collections there for sharing with partners/vendors,

Level 1

Hi mvance:

I understand what you mean. The problem is that it states in the dropdown list: "Associated Content". From my view, it mislead the developer and the user to use it as a real Associated Content. Should it be called Content for Reference or so, would make more sense.

In this case, how can the user create a fragment with, for instance, image that gets published?

For now, we are customizing the Metadata area to accept the real Associated Content, but the users did not buy the idea that the current Associated Content is really just for organization purposes. 

Regards.

Correct answer by
Employee

Daniel Paiva BR wrote...

Hi mvance:

Regards.

The main purpose of using a collection with fragments is when authoring the page, the user has access to these associated assets from the content browser on the left hand side.

The assets themselves can be published independently.

I am not sure if the naming of these actions can be made better, I can relay your comments. But to me, content implies physical assets, whereas a collection is a virtual set of assets. It is debatable though