Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

proxy youtube embed

Level 3

I am working on creating proxy component for youtube Embeddable using v2 core Embed. I want to overlay embeddable youtube and remove few ootb fields like Accessibility Label, width, height etc. I tried overlaying the youtube embeddable component and pointing to the core youtube embeddable. Still unable to remove the fields. How can I achieve this?

Dolly_1-1701374893543.png

Dolly_0-1701374887530.png

@arunpatidar  @kautuk_sahni 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Dolly 

These fields are appearing because of Sling Resource Merger. You would have already figured that out.

We can use following to hide these fields

• sling:hideResource ( Boolean)

Indicates whether the resources should be completely hidden, including its children.

• sling:hideChildren ( String or String[])

Contains the child node, or list of child nodes, to hide. The properties of the node will be maintained.

The wildcard * hides all.

reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/sling-resource-mer...

You just need to extend the component. Create the node structure until the field you want to hide. Then add sling:hideresource to the field that shouldn't be included in Dialog.

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Dolly 

These fields are appearing because of Sling Resource Merger. You would have already figured that out.

We can use following to hide these fields

• sling:hideResource ( Boolean)

Indicates whether the resources should be completely hidden, including its children.

• sling:hideChildren ( String or String[])

Contains the child node, or list of child nodes, to hide. The properties of the node will be maintained.

The wildcard * hides all.

reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/sling-resource-mer...

You just need to extend the component. Create the node structure until the field you want to hide. Then add sling:hideresource to the field that shouldn't be included in Dialog.

Aanchal Sikka

Administrator

@Dolly Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni