Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Proxy server for author

Level 6

I have a proxy server in front of 3 author clusters. I am able to proxy but unable to edit content. Do i need to change any OSGI configuration

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

If you want the authors change content on any of the 3 instances, you need to cluster them.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Here is an older thread - where one of our top contributors - Joerg replied:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1250812

Level 6

The solution works good for single author. I am facing problem when load balancing 3 clusters. Facing issue in login token problem . 

Eg I login  , first time it uses author port 4501 to generate token . It goes to next page ; it verifies the token with 4502 , hence getting session timed out all the time

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

If you want the authors change content on any of the 3 instances, you need to cluster them.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 6

I already have 3 authors as clusters. Any author can go to any instance and make changes , it will be reflected in other instances as well. Now I want to have a load balancer / proxy in front of 3 clusters so the authors can login/make content changes by logging into one server only

Employee Advisor

Hi,

sorry, I missed that you already mentioned the cluster.

If you use a cluster, and if you use the default login mechanisms, the login tokens are persisted in the repository. So it doesn't matter, which server you are using for login. At least that's the theory.

Can you check, that a token node is created in the user's home node? And then please consult the error.log regarding any message about it? Have you validated, that your cluster is actually working?

As next step: I am not 100% sure, if the complete hostname including port number is included in the token, so that whenever you change the port for a different instance, the old token is not valid anymore for this instance (although you know that it's the same cluster).

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 6

I am getting the below error

org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator handleLoginFailure: Unable to authenticate null: Invalid token credentials.