Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Proxy Embed Component for YouTube Embbedable

Level 1

I would like to proxy (extend) the Embed component in order to modify the fallback values for the ./youtubeWidth and ./youtubeHeight embeddable properties. Even tried to copy the entirety of the core Embed component into my own app structure, but nothing I change in embed/embeddable/youtube/youtube.html works. The component falls back to the core code for youtube.html. Any pointers on how to proxy this component? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Embed component extended structure.

ryan-johnston_0-1617983435759.png

Code change for youtube.html

ryan-johnston_1-1617983474997.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1
6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

Level 1

Curious if anyone has an idea how to fix this issue. Thank you!

Level 10

Did you overlay(assuming proxy=overlay)? That should have helped refer to the embeddable under acs perhaps? i took a slightly different approach following the guidelines embed had and it worked... refers to v1 version of embed though

Level 1

thanks for the reply! What approach did you use? Additional details would be great. Thanks!

Level 10

Hey!, no worries at all,  Happy to help!!
Let me know if this helps

So, i am on 6.5.12 and i use 2.19.2  version of core components, incase you want to try the url processor

1. Create a component name it say "embed" the resourceSuperType = core/wcm/components/embed/v2/embed (i prefer staying with v2, you could use v1).provide a component group of choice

2. create a cq:component node named "embeddable".No resource type,  component group - hidden .This is a child to "embed"
3. Create a cq:component node with resourceSuperType as  core/wcm/components/embed/v1/embed/embeddable(changing to v2 did not render well either dialog or other troubles, raised a bug). Name this "test"
Component group hidden. This is a child to "embeddable"
Create a dialog for this as a child node, ensure the granite:data is pointing appropriately to the right customized embeddable created by you as per the doc. I had to customize dialog and hence did that
Create a html "test.html" and add content there.

#3 you could refer to the youtube component for overlay if need be  or refer to it via resource type perhaps? .. Mine was a new embeddable.

Level 10

The only other issue i see is that wcmmode is not picked up correctly and is a bug IMO ootb..