Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Properties order

Community Advisor

Hello Team,

Can we control the order in which properties are stored under a component node?

If my component dialog has two fields title and description, in my content node description is coming as first property and title as second property? Can we somehow control this order?

@kautuk_sahni @arunpatidar @BrianKasingli @Jörg_Hoh @Theo_Pendle 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Shashi_Mulugu How is that impacting you right now ? Since this is something which is not available OOTB, if you can edit your question to update your exact usecase for this , may be you will get more clear answer to your problem. At this point the only thing I can say is we don't have any OOTB feature to control the order 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@Shashi_Mulugu 

How do you plan on exposing these properties? 

From CRX/DE you can organise the view alphabetically:

Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 17.46.20.png

Community Advisor

@BrianKasingli we are planning to send the component for human translation in which we are able to control the items we want to be included via rules.xml configuration but not the order... resulting in which post translation we are getting an xml/excel sheet which has fields in reverse order such as description and title and often authors getting confused while authoring the translated content

Community Advisor
hm, why cant you convert the xml/excel sheet to a key value Map, then simply Map the keys presented in the xml/excel sheet to the AEM component?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Shashi_Mulugu How is that impacting you right now ? Since this is something which is not available OOTB, if you can edit your question to update your exact usecase for this , may be you will get more clear answer to your problem. At this point the only thing I can say is we don't have any OOTB feature to control the order 

Employee Advisor

Properties are unordered, and I never had a requirement where this was really a problem. If you describe your usecase we can probably come up with a recommendation how you can solve it without relying on the order of properties.

Jörg