Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Programatically Generate/Copy Editable Templates and Policies

Level 4

I have 2 use cases:

1. Programmatically create copy of existing Editable Template and its policies

2. Programmatically generate new Editable Template based on Template Type.

Could you please suggest which APIs/classes can be used to achieve this. I looked into TemplateManager but it does not seem to be having methods to copy the templates.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@rajeevy89244319 Currently, there is no API available to create the editable templates programmatically. 

To create a copy of existing editable templates and policies, you just need to update the .content.xml file as per your requirement and template type

or else you can simply build the editable templates inside /conf folder with the help of CRXDE.

Please let me know if you need any help. I am happy to help  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@rajeevy89244319 Currently, there is no API available to create the editable templates programmatically. 

To create a copy of existing editable templates and policies, you just need to update the .content.xml file as per your requirement and template type

or else you can simply build the editable templates inside /conf folder with the help of CRXDE.

Please let me know if you need any help. I am happy to help  

Level 4
I want to copy the templates using api to a new area and also wants the policy references to be updated. Seems like it is not possible right now.