Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Prod deployment steps

Level 5

Hi All,

I need some help in improving my PROD steps:-

1) Now we follow below steps:-

a, Deploy on Author then Publish.

2) I want it to be:-

b, Deploy it on Publish and then Author.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi

Can you please state the use-case of publishing first and then replicating content in Author ?

Author: This is the environment where you, and your colleagues, will input your content and administrate the system.
Publish:This environment holds the content you have made available to visitors to your website; be it public, or within your intranet.

The best practice is always do author-> publish.

If your use-case is to do replication on specific content then please have a look at this community article: http://aemfaq.blogspot.in/2013/05/how-to-configure-replication-agent-to.html

// Scenario 

Assume you have one author instance namely author and two publish instances namely publish1 & publish2.  The contents activated for site "/content/geometrixx/en" should get replicated only to publish1 and     similarly contents activated for site "/content/geometrixx/de" should get replicated only to publish2. 

I hope this would help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Mahesh Vikram wrote...

Hi All,

I need some help in improving my PROD steps:-

1) Now we follow below steps:-

a, Deploy on Author then Publish.

2) I want it to be:-

b, Deploy it on Publish and then Author.

Its always good to deploy first on author and then on Publish. Do a quick sanity on author to make sure everything works as expected and then replicate the code packages on publish.

This way you won't make your site users run into undesired behavior.

- Runal

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi

Can you please state the use-case of publishing first and then replicating content in Author ?

Author: This is the environment where you, and your colleagues, will input your content and administrate the system.
Publish:This environment holds the content you have made available to visitors to your website; be it public, or within your intranet.

The best practice is always do author-> publish.

If your use-case is to do replication on specific content then please have a look at this community article: http://aemfaq.blogspot.in/2013/05/how-to-configure-replication-agent-to.html

// Scenario 

Assume you have one author instance namely author and two publish instances namely publish1 & publish2.  The contents activated for site "/content/geometrixx/en" should get replicated only to publish1 and     similarly contents activated for site "/content/geometrixx/de" should get replicated only to publish2. 

I hope this would help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni