Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Processing profiles for FPO

Level 2

Hi,

I understand if you want to upload indesign assets onto Adobe Assets it is best to turn on FPO profiles. I also see that the processing profiles are against folders. One question I have is if I apply the processing profile to a parent folder what happens to the child folders, does it also pick up the processing profiles?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Yes, if you apply a processing profile to a parent folder in AEM Assets, the child folders within that parent folder will inherit the processing profile settings. This means that any assets added to those child folders will automatically have the processing profile applied to them.

However, it's important to note that if a child folder has its own processing profile applied, that profile will take precedence over the parent profile. So, if you want to ensure that a specific processing profile is applied to all assets within a folder and its child folders, you should apply the processing profile to both the parent folder and the child folders.

Regards,

Manvi Sharma

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Yes, if you apply a processing profile to a parent folder in AEM Assets, the child folders within that parent folder will inherit the processing profile settings. This means that any assets added to those child folders will automatically have the processing profile applied to them.

However, it's important to note that if a child folder has its own processing profile applied, that profile will take precedence over the parent profile. So, if you want to ensure that a specific processing profile is applied to all assets within a folder and its child folders, you should apply the processing profile to both the parent folder and the child folders.

Regards,

Manvi Sharma