Expand my Community achievements bar.

'Proccess execution resulted in error' : Custom workflow errors out on submission of workflow

Level 1

Hi any help would be greatly appreciated, 

These are the steps I followed to create the workflow: 

Step 1:

Added Metadata property

'Group1 status approval review'

Cloning 'Review Status'

Under Map to Property

./jcr:content/metadata/dam:Group1status

Step 2:

Cloned approval review to 'Group1Approval Review'

Under 'Reject Approval'

Under Process: 'Approval Rejected notification'

Process

Group1status:rejected

Under 'Approve Approval'

Under Process: 'Approval Rejected notification'

Process

Group1status:approval  

Step 3:

Create Workflow 

dam:asset

Event Type:Modified

dam:Asset

path content/assetFolder

Workflow: Group1 Approval review

activate

Select workflow

Are people notified?

Can they change the property?

This results in the user being able to go through the workflow and submit. After completion the workflow will be listed as failed with the following text: "Process execution resulted in an error" . 

4 Replies

Level 1

Hello, 

Below are the logs I see in the Failure Stack for that workflow instance. I also noticed that all the custom workflows are failing on the first step not just a single workflow model. The workflow to upload images is working as it should. 

com.adobe.granite.workflow.WorkflowException: Process execution resulted in an error at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:204) at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.JobHandler.process(JobHandler.java:271) at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.JobConsumerManager$JobConsumerWrapper.process(JobConsumerManager.java:502) at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.startJob(JobQueueImpl.java:351) at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.access$100(JobQueueImpl.java:60) at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl$1.run(JobQueueImpl.java:287) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workflow is already finished. at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.WorkflowSessionImpl.terminateWorkflow(WorkflowSessionImpl.java:546) at com.adobe.cq.wcm.placeholder.impl.workflow.PlaceholderContentReviewProcess.execute(PlaceholderContentReviewProcess.java:79) at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:198) ... 8 more

Level 1

If there is any more information I can provide please do let me know what info to provide. Thank you for the help!