Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Problem with encoding

Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with encoding of content in CQ5 with which i hope you can help... My back end was developed in an encoding supporting special chars for certain nations like nordics. the content on CQ5 though was uploaded in an encoding different from the backend, so now we have the urgency to export/convert the encoding/import somehow back into CQ5 . is it possible in a bulk mode? I can apply the script on the cached content as these are flat files, but i dont know how to do that in CQ5 master content so to speak. ... any hint or pointers to useful resources here would be much appreciated.... many thanks!

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
3 Replies

Level 9

Have you tried setting in config console

Configuration -> Apache Sling Main Servlet -> Default Parameter Encoding

to your encoding

Correct answer by
Level 10

Level 1

Many thanks for your reply Mshajiahmed

I've tried but didnt work. is this config supposed to change the encoding on the fly?

I understand the problem we have is due to inserting the content in the first place with a certain encoding from the backend and now we need to manually re do the objects. so if i had to change the encoding of each of our objects , how would i do that quickly?

thanks again