Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Problem while uploading a Package

Level 2

Hi Friends,

I have created a project in my local, using Maven Archetype. The project contains a listener component that listens to "Activate" button and a service that is used to migrate the content from old CMS. Everything is working fine in my localhost. I packaged /apps folder and sent it to a friend and it gives the attached error. 

Strangely, when I exclude the install directory from the apps, it uploads without any issues.

Can someone please advise why this is happening. Please let me know if any other details are required.

Thanks

Srikanth

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The apps folder will contain the java bundle jar file. So you need to include it, but why can't you send the zip package created by your maven project?

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Looks like something went wrong with data in package.

Did you re-build the package, download and tried installing it again on another system?

Level 9

Can you rebuild the package by excluding the content(pages/assets) and try upload the package.

Please post the results if you do this;

Thanks,

Kishore

Level 10

Think, the package has not been ported fully to your friend. If you are sending to him over an email, there might be a chances of jar file getting blocked.

Did you try installing the package manager by yourself and see if you also encounter the same issue.

Correct answer by
Employee

The apps folder will contain the java bundle jar file. So you need to include it, but why can't you send the zip package created by your maven project?

Regards,

Opkar

Level 9

@bsloki is right on the spot. While sending packege to your friend, it has jar file (an executanle file) which is not allowed by your email service. So, Email service simply corrected it by removing the jar file from your package.But, it seems there is a reference of that jar file remain in the package, So in a way, it is corrupted.

I hope this is clear.

srikanthbiradar wrote...

Hi Friends,

I have created a project in my local, using Maven Archetype. The project contains a listener component that listens to "Activate" button and a service that is used to migrate the content from old CMS. Everything is working fine in my localhost. I packaged /apps folder and sent it to a friend and it gives the attached error. 

Strangely, when I exclude the install directory from the apps, it uploads without any issues.

Can someone please advise why this is happening. Please let me know if any other details are required.

Thanks

Srikanth