Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Problem while accessing OSGi in Adobe CQ5.6.1

Level 2

Hi everybody,

I am facing a problem while accessing system/console via bigIP url. I am using Adobe CQ5.6.1.  Can someone please help.

Regards,

Arnab

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Arnab,

if you are going via BigIP URL, then you are most likely going via Web Server/Dispatcher. In which case it is standard practice to block access to the felix console(/system/console)[1]

If you are behind your firewall then you should still be able to access it via the machine name and port number. Otherwise, you may well have to have your IP address whitelisted to give you access if you really need it. But that is for your security team to decide.

Regards,

Opkar

[1] https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/dispatcher/disp-config.html#Testing%20Dispatcher%20Security

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Arnab,

if you are going via BigIP URL, then you are most likely going via Web Server/Dispatcher. In which case it is standard practice to block access to the felix console(/system/console)[1]

If you are behind your firewall then you should still be able to access it via the machine name and port number. Otherwise, you may well have to have your IP address whitelisted to give you access if you really need it. But that is for your security team to decide.

Regards,

Opkar

[1] https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/dispatcher/disp-config.html#Testing%20Dispatcher%20Security

Level 2

Thanks for you reply.

I am accessing the OSGi of author instance via bigIP. This is after the firewall and exposed to internet. Previously we were able to access this.

I am not able to access OSGi, neither from welcome.html nor directly using "system/console/configMgr". When I try to access this, it does not even ask for the credential pop-up and redirects to error page like below:

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Level 10

is it only for OSGi web console ? Can you access other consoles and pages successfully ?

did you try directly accessing like system/console/bundles or configMgr ?

Level 10

Also what is the error you are getting ?