Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Problem in pathfield in AEM 6.5

Level 4

I'm experiencing a problem in pathfield in AEM 6.5

I'm authoring an external link(http://www.google.com) in the pathfield and an auto-suggestion is coming up. When I moved to the previous field the cursor automatically jumps to pathfield again. This is causing a bit of inconsistency for the authors where most of the pathfields are authored with external link. Is there any way to control the auto suggestion in pathfield.(Refer screenshot 1a) - pathfield behavior 
(Or)

Shall I modify the resourceType to pathbrowser instead which doesn't have any auto-suggestion just like pathfield and there is no case of cursor jumping out problem. I want a concrete point to recommend pathbrowser over pathfield to the customer. Please suggest any way.
(Refer screenshot 1b) - pathbrowser behavior

Screenshot 1a:

samsundar23_0-1597843725888.jpeg

Screenshot 1b

samsundar23_1-1597843830605.jpeg

Thanks !

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @samsundar23,

Pathfield supports suggestions as we type and is intended per the original functionality. It also supports multiple selections. 

Detailed inputs on the purpose is mentioned in - https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-5/sites/developing/using/reference-materials/granite-ui...

Pathbrowser might suit this particular use case of not bringing up suggestion. But it is deprecated and it is recommended to use Pathfield - This is per AEM 6.5.0

pathfield.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @samsundar23,

Pathfield supports suggestions as we type and is intended per the original functionality. It also supports multiple selections. 

Detailed inputs on the purpose is mentioned in - https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-5/sites/developing/using/reference-materials/granite-ui...

Pathbrowser might suit this particular use case of not bringing up suggestion. But it is deprecated and it is recommended to use Pathfield - This is per AEM 6.5.0

pathfield.png

Level 4

Hi @Vijayalakshmi_S 

Thanks for your suggestion. If that is the case, is there any way to restrict the auto-suggestion coming up while using pathfield which is the reason behind this entire root cause analysis.

Community Advisor

Hi @samsundar23,

Please note that Pathfield resource makes use of foundation-autocomplete from Granite which offers two things - Picker and Suggestion.

If the use case is to use external link which doesn't call for neither picker nor suggestion, I suggest to use Textfield itself and name the field say, External Link.

It won't make sense to use Pathfield without suggestion because it is designed for that and for Picker.

If you still want to turn off suggestion, below highlighted in green - <coral-overlay> within <foundation-autocomplete> is responsible for the rendering of suggestion. 

You can create a new resource similar to OOB pathfield and comment this line -> Use the newly created resource to dialog field for authoring External Link.

Vijayalakshmi_S_0-1597932101999.png

Level 4

Thanks @Vijayalakshmi_S 

To turn off suggestion, below highlighted in green - <coral-overlay> within <foundation-autocomplete> is responsible for the rendering of suggestion. 

You can create a new resource similar to OOB pathfield and comment this line -> Use the newly created resource to dialog field for authoring External Link.

pathfield_render_jsp.JPG