Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Problem in Node Storing in multifield in touch UI

Level 1

Hi,
I am facing a problem while saving the multifield values in Node Format in Touch UI. I want to change the name of the child nodes which I am not able to do
eg:- The child nodes created are stored with names item0, item1 but I want the names to be item_0 and item_1. Please help.

1425199_pastedImage_0.png

I am using the sling:resourceType :granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/multifield

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

See this article - the MF values save fine when using granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/multifield on AEM 6.3.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a HTL Repeating Data Set 6.3 Component that uses Sling Mode...

And I would recommend very Strongly - do NOT modify the way the system saves the nodes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

See this article - the MF values save fine when using granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/multifield on AEM 6.3.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a HTL Repeating Data Set 6.3 Component that uses Sling Mode...

And I would recommend very Strongly - do NOT modify the way the system saves the nodes.

Level 10

I just installed the package on 6.3 and you can see the MF values work fine.

MFPic.png

Once again - the way AEM stores multifield data is Not a Problem. Its the way AEM works.  it's strongly recommended that you do not modify the node names of where the data is stored.

Level 10

Hi Akanksha,

Yes Scott is right. It is strongly recommended not to modify the name of nodes.

Also, changing the node name serves no purpose and it will break the functionality.

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.