Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Problem exporting sites from AEMasCS to local instance

Level 3

Hi Community,

I have a site on Adobe Experience Manager as Cloud Service and I want to export it to my local development instance. I created a package 

olsalas711_0-1668520146696.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @olsalas711,

You need to setup your local instance having everything which is on AEMaaCS to make your local site functional. Kindly follow below steps.

1. Bundles - Install/Deploy bundles required for your custom project.
  2. Content Packages - Get the updated content package from higher environment to your local. (Optional)
  3. Configurations - Setting up configurations if any.

I can see on your above page CSS/JS is not loading. Please make sure if clientlib has been available for the required project. (1st Step should solve that problem)

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Santosh

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 3

On my local instance for the site I export my theme is not applied. 

This is how It looks On Cloud 

olsalas711_0-1668527655906.png

And this is how It looks on my local

olsalas711_1-1668527742126.png

Community Advisor

@olsalas711 Along with the content package, you would also have to build the code package from your repo and deploy to your local instance as well. Have you deployed the code package as well?

Community Advisor

Hi @olsalas711 ,

Could you please elaborate what is the problem you are seeing after creating the package?

Community Advisor

@olsalas711 It's not clear from the screenshot what issue you are facing while building and downloading of the package. You can access Package Manager in three ways:

1. From the AEM main menu -> Tools -> Deployment -> Packages
2. From CRXDE Lite using the top switcher bar
3. Directly by accessing http://<host>:<port>/crx/packmgr/

You would have to provide the details about the package name and select the path of the content page. Once done it will build the package and would be ready for you to download and install it in your local instance.

Let me know if you are facing any challenges with doing any of the steps mentioned above.

Level 3

Hi,

I am facing troubles with the site theme. 

This is the package I'm building.

olsalas711_0-1668527916463.png

Community Advisor

@olsalas711 Site theme would be part of your code package. Have you deployed the code package as well to your local instance?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @olsalas711,

You need to setup your local instance having everything which is on AEMaaCS to make your local site functional. Kindly follow below steps.

1. Bundles - Install/Deploy bundles required for your custom project.
  2. Content Packages - Get the updated content package from higher environment to your local. (Optional)
  3. Configurations - Setting up configurations if any.

I can see on your above page CSS/JS is not loading. Please make sure if clientlib has been available for the required project. (1st Step should solve that problem)

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Santosh

Level 5

Hi @olsalas711 ,

If you want package the properly the configurations or content, make sure all the code is deployed in local, verify the all the bundles are active and then try to install the project code into local, verify everything is looking good.

Then try to install the packages from higher environment to lower.

Also check the logs for any exceptions, verify the developer console when loading the local project and make sure no errors are logged.

Hope this is helpful