Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

PREVIEW MODE ISSUES ON CLASSIC UI AEM6

Level 2

Preview mode doesnt function exactly like in 5.6, doesnt referesh the page once clicked on preview mode, and even the content doesnt render unless manually refreshed.

Has anything changed from 5.6. Is there an alternative to this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is an AEM 5.5 Preview - same view and functionality as AEM 6 (shown above).

[img]Preview55.png[/img]

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

IN Preview mode - the sidekick is minimized as shown in this illustration. 

[img]Preview.png[/img]

Can you please share a screen shot of what your AEM Preview looks like. This is how it worked in CQ 5.x. 

Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please try clearing he browser cache and cookies. Also please look into the below mentioned article and see if it helps:

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/LinkToPreviewMode.html

Thanks!

Level 2

But that doesnt solve the problem right. It is just a work around,  our authors dont want to add & remove parameters each time they want to test to the url.

Even if i try to implement the logic of adding wcmmode=preview to the query params, and extend sidekick  it doesn't hide the sidekick, it might be confusing for them. Is this is a known bug in AEM6?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is an AEM 5.5 Preview - same view and functionality as AEM 6 (shown above).

[img]Preview55.png[/img]

Level 2

I'm facing the same problem: we want to render components in a different way in EDIT mode and in PREVIEW mode. In AEM 5.6.1 the page was reloaded after clicking the preview button in sidekick, in AEM 6.1 it does not reload automatically and the value of wcmmode does not change. Is this a bug or as designed?