Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Prepare assets for translation - DAM assets, content fragments

Level 6

Taking a look at the adobe documentation, https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/managing/preparing-assets-for-t...

it recommends DAM assets should be structured in a particular way to enable translations for the translations framework.

/content/dam/en
/content/dam/fr

/content/dam/de

I have a multitant AEM environment where I have /content/dam/my-site/content-fragments and /content/dam/my-site-2/content-fragments

if I structure my hierarchy like

/content/dam/my-site/content-fragments/en
/content/dam/my-site/content-fragments/fr

/content/dam/my-site/content-fragments/de

/content/dam/my-site-2/content-fragments/en
/content/dam/my-site-2/content-fragments/fr

/content/dam/my-site-2/content-fragments/de

will the translations framework still work as expected?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Yes, as long as your DAM assets are structured in a way that follows the recommended structure for translations, the translations framework should work as expected. This means that your assets should be structured with a language-specific subfolder under /content/dam, such as /content/dam/en, /content/dam/fr, etc.

For your specific case where you have a multi-tenant environment, you can still use the recommended structure by adding a language-specific subfolder under each of your tenant-specific DAM folders. This means that you would have /content/dam/my-site/content-fragments/en, /content/dam/my-site/content-fragments/fr, etc. and /content/dam/my-site-2/content-fragments/en, /content/dam/my-site-2/content-fragments/fr, etc.

As long as your translations are configured correctly and you are using the correct language codes when referencing your assets, the translations framework should be able to handle translations across all of your tenant-specific DAM folders.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Yes, as long as your DAM assets are structured in a way that follows the recommended structure for translations, the translations framework should work as expected. This means that your assets should be structured with a language-specific subfolder under /content/dam, such as /content/dam/en, /content/dam/fr, etc.

For your specific case where you have a multi-tenant environment, you can still use the recommended structure by adding a language-specific subfolder under each of your tenant-specific DAM folders. This means that you would have /content/dam/my-site/content-fragments/en, /content/dam/my-site/content-fragments/fr, etc. and /content/dam/my-site-2/content-fragments/en, /content/dam/my-site-2/content-fragments/fr, etc.

As long as your translations are configured correctly and you are using the correct language codes when referencing your assets, the translations framework should be able to handle translations across all of your tenant-specific DAM folders.