Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Pre-upgrade maintenance task

Level 4

Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade AEM 6.2 to 6.5. If I didn't run Pre-upgrade maintenance task, will there be any issue in upgrading?

Edit: What I mean is how about if I didn't run this com.day.cq.audit.impl.AuditLogMaintenance? how can I check whether my AEM run on crx2 or crx3 mode?

aem_preupgradetasks.JPG

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The documentation recommends to do run these. Why do you want to skip them?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The documentation recommends to do run these. Why do you want to skip them?

Community Advisor

@ariesyinn Adobe recommends to perform the pre-upgrade task before performing upgrade activities. Instead of carrying the old logs , un-referenced data/blobs in repository , completed workflows  from old version to NEW AEM version- better to perform all the pre-upgrade maintenance tasks.

Mainly, repository size will be reduced after performing all the maintenance tasks. 

Please refer :https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/deploying/upgrading/pre-upgrade-mainte...

Level 4

Sorry for in complete question. I have edited the ques.

Community Advisor

@ariesyinn First check whether you have configured Audit log in your repository -> /<AEM installation path>/crx-quickstart/logs/*.

How can I check whether my AEM run on crx2 or crx3 mode? Check run mode configuration in start file or cq file -> /<AEM installation path>/crx-quickstart/bin/start.sh