Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Possible to allow users to move but not delete pages ?

Level 3

Is it possible to set a page permissions up so that a page can be moved by a user but not deleted? I am assuming not, as I guess a move is a copy and a delete.

We currently force users to use a workflow to delete pages so that it can stop any deletions above a set folder level, and so we deny delete node and child node.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Allow permission for only jcr:removeChildNodes so that move operation will be successfully & still delete page restriction will be in place to meet your need. Attaching snapshot for user A offcourse this is not user friendly. 

[img]Reorder.png[/img]

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Allow permission for only jcr:removeChildNodes so that move operation will be successfully & still delete page restriction will be in place to meet your need. Attaching snapshot for user A offcourse this is not user friendly. 

[img]Reorder.png[/img]

Level 3

Unless I have misunderstood this does not appear to work. See the attached image. I have a user who is a member of express_default, and express_admin. With the permissions as shown I cannot move or delete. This is in CQ 5.3 but I would have thought this is applicable to any version.

[img]permissions.png[/img]

Level 3

Hi Sham HC​, Can you please upload the screenshot for the solution you provided here?

I have a similar requirement: Ability to move assets in DAM but not delete assets

Thanks,

Ramya