Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Possible approach - AEM Dialog

Level 4

I have a multifield pathbrowser in a dialog . I am trying to see if there is a way to provide an edit option for the selected path in the dialog .

i.e if the path is /content/abc/def I wanna provide an edit option right next to that pathbrowser which could redirect to the /content/abc/def page or any inline editing option. Is there any such option provided by AEM ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMnewbie 

If you want that page path to be opened as a popup window use the below pathbrowser widget. If you want to directly navigate to that page with dialog open it is not possible.

<pagePath
jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathbrowser"
fieldLabel="Page path"
name="./pagePath"
rootPath="/content"/>

AG

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you please give us your business requirement clearly? and in what scenario it will be using and the output

1) Do you want to edit/modify the path configured by author in path filed after selecting path one to path two?

i.e

path configured: /content/abc/def

path after edit / format: /content/abc/defpage

you don't have to provide another option to edit again the configured path. you can modify using Javascript or Sling Model to manipulate the path configured and send to output HTML Page.

Level 4
@SureshDhulipudi .. Sure the requirement is i have a path browser in a dialog.. Lets say this path was selected 1./content/abc/def .Once the path is selected the user should have an ability to navigate to this path /content/abc/def while they are still on the dialog box

Community Advisor

<path
sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield"
required="{Boolean}true"
fieldDescription="External or internal link"
fieldLabel="URL"
name="./path"
rootPath="/content"/>

In this path field, either you can enter value or navigate to the location and select path / page

aem-path-field.png

can you give your dialog code here

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMnewbie 

If you want that page path to be opened as a popup window use the below pathbrowser widget. If you want to directly navigate to that page with dialog open it is not possible.

<pagePath
sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathbrowser"
fieldLabel="Page path"
name="./pagePath"
rootPath="/content"/>

AG