Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Personalized content flicker issue

Level 1

I have created the teasers using CQ5.6/MCM, added them in to the page using personalization components(Teasers, Target) with appropriate segments to show personalized content to site visitors of norton.com . The personalized content is getting rendered asynchronously after all content of the page is loaded and resulting in flicker. Is there a way to get around  this?

Thank you,

Vishnu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

The reality is that anytime you load new content into a page client side (which is what the personalization code does) you can end up with flicker. Whether or not you see flicker is influenced by any number issues including your custom HTML/JS, network latency, and the end users browser performance (on a faster computer or a new browser you might not see a flicker). 

You really need to look at your custom HTML/JavaScript to find a solution to the problem.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Did you follow the AEM documentation for this use case? 

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/personalization.html

If so, and you get this result - this is a bug. 

Level 1

Yes, I did follow the above mentioned AEM documentation for this use case.  I'm seeing the .segements.js, store.init.js calls and the js call that renders the personalized content after the page is loaded on document ready. Is this expected?

Thank you,

Vishnu

Correct answer by
Level 8

The reality is that anytime you load new content into a page client side (which is what the personalization code does) you can end up with flicker. Whether or not you see flicker is influenced by any number issues including your custom HTML/JS, network latency, and the end users browser performance (on a faster computer or a new browser you might not see a flicker). 

You really need to look at your custom HTML/JavaScript to find a solution to the problem.