Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Permissions for manage publication button

Level 3

Hello,

I am trying to set up permissions schema for our project. One of the requirements is to create a super aurhors group that can do all content changes on selected content branch.

I have one problem while setting this up - I would like super authors to see Quick Publish as well as Manage Publication buttons for pages.

Authors have replicate rights for the content so the Quick Publish is visible but the Manage Publication is still hidden.

Do you know what path I need grant access to to show Manage Publication button ?

I tried etc/workflows but it does not work. 

AEM: 6.5.9

Thanks for your help:) 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

As always the answer was right there, it should be /etc/workflow instead /etc/workflows

This ACL entry fixed the issue: 

- path: /etc/workflow
          permission: allow
          actions: read

I guess something has changed since 2017 in terms of the path (see related question here)  

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @bartek_887 

You can add "workflow-users" group and it will enable the "Manage Publication" button for users.

Thanks!

Community Advisor

login in aem instance with admin cred. or privileges then open the useradmin.

In useradmin's search wizard search for  "/libs/wcm/core/content/sites/jcr:content/actions/selection/managepublication"

and see the permission. most probably your read permission will be missing on the path for that user or group.

see the below image

Umesh_Thakur_0-1628761844696.png

Hope this will help.

Umesh Thakur

Level 3

My user have full access to libs and apps so it also have access the the /libs/wcm/core/content/sites/jcr:content/actions/selection/managepublication.

Unfortunately I do not see this path in the /useradmin panel, all I see is:

bartek_887_0-1628772014860.png

Community Advisor

First search for the user or goup then double click on the user or group then click on the permissions tab now you will have search box on the right corner there search the path and see.

Correct answer by
Level 3

As always the answer was right there, it should be /etc/workflow instead /etc/workflows

This ACL entry fixed the issue: 

- path: /etc/workflow
          permission: allow
          actions: read

I guess something has changed since 2017 in terms of the path (see related question here)