Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Permission settings

Former Community Member

using CQ- 5 security-  providing permission settings for different  user 

when ever creating a node if the parent has permission child gets permission by  default for all user's .how to avoid this ???

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

As I said, you can achive what you are describing by using glob expressions. That said, it sounds like you have a content structure problem which should be addressed at some point in the near future.

Justin

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

This is kinda intrinsic to the way that JCR security works, so you wouldn't want to disable this entirely. For special cases, you can set a glob expression on the access control entry to refine the scope of a particular ACE. Take a look at the ACLs on /home or /home/users/geometrixx for some examples.

Former Community Member

our requirement is like day to day pages are getting increased ... so restricting  permission for user again and again is big task , can you suggest alternate way ???

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

As I said, you can achive what you are describing by using glob expressions. That said, it sounds like you have a content structure problem which should be addressed at some point in the near future.

Justin