Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Pattern Detector- content.area.violation

Level 1

While performing aem 6.3 to 6.5 in-place upgrade activity, I have run Pattern Detector. As most of the things have been greyed out under /libs and can't be overlayed/inherited. I have found the below-mentioned issue. Can anyone help me with this?   

Pattern/ Type: content.area.violation

Pattern/ Code: CAV

Item/ Message: 

Untitled.png

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

What do you need help with specifically? As you mentioned, you currently are overriding nodes that should not be overridden. The CAV page describes the final area:

/**
  * Defines a node as final, so that it cannot be overlaid
  * or inherited by sling:resourceSuperType.
  */
 [granite:FinalArea] mixin

So the Pattern Detector is warning you that you are violating this mixin on the node at /apps/xxx/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textfield by overriding /libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textfield. I assume you've done this to create a customized TextField widget?

Level 1

Hi,

Yes, it was done to customize Textfield component. As overlay is not allowed anymore for this component is there any alternate way to achieve the same to make customization work.