Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Pathfield with tree selection

Level 2

For the previous version of CQ/AEM the ExtJS with the pathfield widget user was able to both: typeahead the path and select it from the tree browser.

In the brand new AEM6 ExtJS has been dropped in favour of Coral UI. I've found some examples of pathfield input, but there is no tree selection possibility. This reduces user experience significantly so I'm looking for a possibility to display the content structure as tree.

Is there such functionality already embedded in AEM? If yes - how to use it? If no - are there plans for adding such behaviour? When it is going to happen? Finally - if there is no such functionality planned - what is your recommendation on implementing this feature?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

AFAIK we have request in place to extend path browser to select in content tree & for the movement not considered.  Please file daycare along with business case to prioritize it. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

AFAIK we have request in place to extend path browser to select in content tree & for the movement not considered.  Please file daycare along with business case to prioritize it. 

Level 10

"AEM6 ExtJS has been dropped in favour of Coral UI"

In AEM 6 - you can still use your 5.6 xtype components and sidekick. I just loaded my package on AEM 6 and here it is. It still supports drag and drop from the content finder, custom xtypes, etc.

[img]AEM XTYPE.png[/img]

However to use it on a page - you have to click the Classic UI - as shown here:

[img]ClassicUI.png[/img]

Once you are in ClassicUI - you can use the sidekick and your 5.x xtype widgets. 

Level 2

@smacdonald2008
Sorry, this was a shorthand from my side. Yes, I'm aware of ExtJS still existing in Classing UI, but the preference is to migrate to TouchUI. Therefore the question

@Sham HC
I'm worried that I misunderstood you, so let me rephrase: are you saying you are already planning to migrate this functionality but due to no client pressure there is no deadline, yet?

Level 10

Mateusz Chrominski wrote...

@Sham HC

I'm worried that I misunderstood you, so let me rephrase: are you saying you are already planning to migrate this functionality but due to no client pressure there is no deadline, yet?

Currently it is under review for a future release & no timelines set.  To understand your impact, match with your project schedule please get official help through daycare.