Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Partial text search on custom property in Querybuilder

Employee

Hi Team,

I want to search partial text over my custom property. when i search with fullvalue, it works but when i tried partial value , its not working. Even I have tried with property.operation=like. and also added * wildcard at starting and ending of the text. Nothing works. Only in fulltext its working but it will search on all the property but i want to search on my property alone.

Tried to gave fulltext.relpath=jcr:content/metadata/@customproperty  with fulltext search ,but its not showing any results.

Please provide any pointers

@VeenaVikraman @aanchal-sikka @HrishikeshKa @EstebanBustamante @arunpatidar @gkalyan 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @Amsalek4 ,

To perform a partial text search on a custom property in QueryBuilder, you can use the `property` predicate with the `like` operation and the wildcard character `%` to match any number of characters before or after the search term.

Here's an example QueryBuilder query that searches for nodes where the custom property "myCustomProperty" contains the text "example":

```
path=/content/mypage
type=myNodeType
property=myCustomProperty
property.operation=like
property.value=%example%
```

Make sure to replace `myNodeType`, `myCustomProperty`, and `/content/mypage` with the appropriate values for your use case.

If you're still not getting any results, you may want to check that the custom property is being indexed correctly and that the search term is spelled correctly. You can also try using the `contains` operation instead of `like` to see if that returns any results.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @Amsalek4 ,

To perform a partial text search on a custom property in QueryBuilder, you can use the `property` predicate with the `like` operation and the wildcard character `%` to match any number of characters before or after the search term.

Here's an example QueryBuilder query that searches for nodes where the custom property "myCustomProperty" contains the text "example":

```
path=/content/mypage
type=myNodeType
property=myCustomProperty
property.operation=like
property.value=%example%
```

Make sure to replace `myNodeType`, `myCustomProperty`, and `/content/mypage` with the appropriate values for your use case.

If you're still not getting any results, you may want to check that the custom property is being indexed correctly and that the search term is spelled correctly. You can also try using the `contains` operation instead of `like` to see if that returns any results.

Employee

@HrishikeshKa 

Thanks a lot. its working.  I missed "%" in the search term but used "*" instead.