Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Parsys Policy on Editable Template

Level 1

In Editable Templates you can set a policy to allow components on the Layout Container. I add my component to the allowed components in the Layout Container policy. This component has a parsys which should only allow author to add Text component but author can add any component allowed on the Layout Container. I think this is because the parsys in my component inherits all of the allowed components allowed in the Layout Container.

How can I set the policy for the parsys in my component for Editable Template and not allow author to add components allowed in the Layout Container?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

First, your component should have a cq:designdialog that allows you to configure policy in the editable templates.

shams8090_0-1643359265760.png

You can refer the accordion core component and copy it: /apps/core/wcm/components/accordion/v1/accordion/cq:design_dialog

Now, edit the template and look for your component and there will a option to configure policy. For eg: 

shams8090_2-1643359566230.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @aaldros, if I good understand your case, below steps should allow you to achieve what you want.

1. Navigate to editable template where you have you have added your component into Layout Container.
  2. Find your component and select Policy option for your component.
  3. New window will appear where you can define policy specific to this component.
  4. In Policy section create new policy.
  5. Under Properties section switch to Allowed Components, and select components or group of components that you want to be available on your component parsys.
    form-container-policy.jpg
  6. Save changes.

And that's all.

Correct answer by
Level 2

First, your component should have a cq:designdialog that allows you to configure policy in the editable templates.

shams8090_0-1643359265760.png

You can refer the accordion core component and copy it: /apps/core/wcm/components/accordion/v1/accordion/cq:design_dialog

Now, edit the template and look for your component and there will a option to configure policy. For eg: 

shams8090_2-1643359566230.png