Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Parsys inside a dialog's tab (Tabbed silder requirement)

Level 1

Hi All,

I am new to the AEM world so looking some help and guidance from AEM Gurus. I am having difficulty to implement the following retirement (screenshot). We have 2 tabs on a page where user can click either one of them to see the content. The content consist of multiple Image and Text blocks.

I was thinking to have a 2 tabs inside the dialog, and each tab will have a parsys so that content author can drag and drop as many 'image & text' components as required. The tabs will have some other information like Tab headline, subheadline etc...

Can you please guide me if I am not going into the right direction and how can I call parsys inside a tab. The AEM version we are using is 6.2.

Tabbed slider.png

Thanks,

Neeraj

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Neeraj,

You cannot include the parsys inside the dialog. As per your requirement, you can follow the below approach.

-> Create the dialog with two tabs.

-> Create the multi-field for Tab 1 and include the "sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield" for Text and "sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/fileupload" for Image.

-> If you want to resctrict to add the min and max fields in the dialog tabs by author, then you can follow this article: Setting Maximum items in an Experience Manager 6.3 Multifield

You can follow this article for the same: Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 61 - Touch UI Image Multifield

Hope this helps!!

~Ratna.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Neeraj,

You cannot include the parsys inside the dialog. As per your requirement, you can follow the below approach.

-> Create the dialog with two tabs.

-> Create the multi-field for Tab 1 and include the "sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield" for Text and "sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/fileupload" for Image.

-> If you want to resctrict to add the min and max fields in the dialog tabs by author, then you can follow this article: Setting Maximum items in an Experience Manager 6.3 Multifield

You can follow this article for the same: Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 61 - Touch UI Image Multifield

Hope this helps!!

~Ratna.

Level 10

Ratna is correct - the parsys is meant for pages for authors to drop components - not for component dialogs.