Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Parsys inside a dialog's tab (Tabbed silder requirement)

Level 1

Hi All,

I am new to the AEM world so looking some help and guidance from AEM Gurus. I am having difficulty to implement the following retirement (screenshot). We have 2 tabs on a page where user can click either one of them to see the content. The content consist of multiple Image and Text blocks.

I was thinking to have a 2 tabs inside the dialog, and each tab will have a parsys so that content author can drag and drop as many 'image & text' components as required. The tabs will have some other information like Tab headline, subheadline etc...

Can you please guide me if I am not going into the right direction and how can I call parsys inside a tab. The AEM version we are using is 6.2.

Tabbed slider.png

Thanks,

Neeraj

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Neeraj,

You cannot include the parsys inside the dialog. As per your requirement, you can follow the below approach.

-> Create the dialog with two tabs.

-> Create the multi-field for Tab 1 and include the "sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield" for Text and "sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/fileupload" for Image.

-> If you want to resctrict to add the min and max fields in the dialog tabs by author, then you can follow this article: Setting Maximum items in an Experience Manager 6.3 Multifield

You can follow this article for the same: Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 61 - Touch UI Image Multifield

Hope this helps!!

~Ratna.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Neeraj,

You cannot include the parsys inside the dialog. As per your requirement, you can follow the below approach.

-> Create the dialog with two tabs.

-> Create the multi-field for Tab 1 and include the "sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield" for Text and "sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/fileupload" for Image.

-> If you want to resctrict to add the min and max fields in the dialog tabs by author, then you can follow this article: Setting Maximum items in an Experience Manager 6.3 Multifield

You can follow this article for the same: Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 61 - Touch UI Image Multifield

Hope this helps!!

~Ratna.

Level 10

Ratna is correct - the parsys is meant for pages for authors to drop components - not for component dialogs.