Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Parsys in custom component is not working.

Level 4

I have a custom component that I am attempting to add a parsys for authors to drop other custom components into. I am running AEM 6.5.13. I have added a design dialog for use with editable templates. I have used the template editor to allow certain components to be dropped in the parsys. However, the parsys is not allowing any components to be added to it. If I click on my custom component, the "add" icon is in the list of actions and if I click on it, I can select components, everything that is enabled on the page template, but when the component is added, it is added as a sibling to my component instead of a child. 

The HTL I'm using to add the parsys to the component is as follows:

<sly data-sly-resource="${resource.path @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys/newpar', appendPath='/*', decorationTagName='div', cssClassName='new section aem-Grid-newComponent'}"
data-sly-test="${(wcmmode.edit || wcmmode.preview) && resource.children.size < 1}"></sly>

First, why is this parsys not allowing any components to be added to it. Second, why would added components to my component be added as siblings and not children? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Robert-Harper To make this work, you need to add the property "cq:isContainer" and set the value to "true".

shaileshbassi_0-1657608113081.png

Post adding this property it works.

shaileshbassi_1-1657608207134.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Can you try with

<sly data-sly-resource="${'parsys' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys', decorationTagName='div', cssClassName='new section aem-Grid-newComponent'}"
     data-sly-test="${(wcmmode.edit || wcmmode.preview) && resource.children.size < 1}"></sly>

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

@Robert-Harper Can you check if there is any required field on the container compoenent to be auhored before authroing the parsys?

Level 4

There are fields and attributes to the component that are there. I don't think this is the correct path to a resolution.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Robert-Harper To make this work, you need to add the property "cq:isContainer" and set the value to "true".

shaileshbassi_0-1657608113081.png

Post adding this property it works.

shaileshbassi_1-1657608207134.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks