Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Parse SAML response

Level 3

Hi All,

We are using the OOTB SAML Handler for authentication. Now we need to parse the SAML response to retrieve data from the response. We have followed below mentioned two links to implement the solution:

http://apoorva-ganapathy.blogspot.com/2016/08/aem-processing-saml-response-using.html

http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

But control is not coming in "if" when we use following condition as suggested in first link:

if (runModes.contains("publish") && StringUtils.isNotEmpty(pathInfo)
&& pathInfo.contains("saml_login")) {

when i added debug statements to analyze, i couldn't see the request coming to postProcessor for "/saml_login" and hence the code is not getting executed.But the Post postprocessor is getting called for rest of each calls.

Can someone please suggest here.

AEM 6.2

Thanks,

Nitish

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

OOTB SAML Authentication Handler is working perfectly fine and response is POST. I have checked the response being stored under user node. Thanks i will pick that. I was facing problem in :

this was to ensure that only when the request is send to SAML HANDLER and response is returned i.e. only once, the subsequent logic to follow.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 9

Hi Nitish,

Make sure saml response to AEM is POST method instead of GET.  Parsed saml response is stored under user profile node & you can make use of the same. 

Thanks,

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

OOTB SAML Authentication Handler is working perfectly fine and response is POST. I have checked the response being stored under user node. Thanks i will pick that. I was facing problem in :

this was to ensure that only when the request is send to SAML HANDLER and response is returned i.e. only once, the subsequent logic to follow.