Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Parallelize download across host name issue

Level 1

Hi All ,

My Client has checked his AEM website on Pingdom and report says  Parallelize download issue across hostname , Is there any thing in AEM which we can use to aviod the issue or does some one have solution for the issue ? I have checked several blogs where it say that Domain Shrading can resolve the issue but What if i dont want to use domain shrading , Any other option do i have ?Please revert if someone knows the solution .

Thanks in Advance .

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't know pingdom, but as you mention parallel downloads, I assume that this tool suggests to use domain sharding to allow a browser to download more files in parallel.

Of course you can try to shard the files, but on the other hand I would not pay too much attention on it. Maybe reducing the number of files you need to download is a better first step.

Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

There is no OOTB feature for this according to the AEM admin docs.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Administering user guide

However - there are online documents about this issue on a typical web server.

Employee

Your first step towards reducing blocking time should be the reducing the number of resources needed to be downloaded (embed js into minimum number of client libraries, use inline svg in CSS file instead of URL call to svg icons/images).

Could you analyze the network calls for your site and also make sure to test it on https?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't know pingdom, but as you mention parallel downloads, I assume that this tool suggests to use domain sharding to allow a browser to download more files in parallel.

Of course you can try to shard the files, but on the other hand I would not pay too much attention on it. Maybe reducing the number of files you need to download is a better first step.

Jörg