Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Page Versioning not working with some permissions

Level 3

I have given some permissions on page using actool as shown below because I don't want user to have "Move,delete,replicate,ACL" permisssions:

- path: /content/wknd/en/home/men
  permission: allow
  actions: modify,create
  privileges: jcr:lockManagement,jcr:versionManagement

But when I create version of this page and if in future I want to revert back to old version of that page, then while clicking on "Revert to this Version" throws error "ERROR: failed to revert version".

Please let me know what other permissions are required to use the versioning functionality properly?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Delete is a combination of jcr:removeNode & jcr:removeChildNodes permissions. Here achieve/resolve above scenario we can use jcr:removeChildNodes as a privilege.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @uniqvaibhav ,

You need to give "Delete" permission as well to the user.

I was getting 500 error in local, while trying to revert to previous version (without Delete permissions), but on giving Delete permission, I could revert back successfully.

Thanks,

Chitra

Level 3

Thank you for your response. My primary goal is to remove delete permission for user of certain group, so can't add delete permission. Can you please suggest any other option?

Community Advisor

Hello,

To revert to older version, user should have Delete permissions. Enable the "Delete" permission and test again.

Thanks

Dipti

Level 3
Thank you for your response. My primary goal is to remove delete permission for user of certain group, so can't add delete permission. Can you please suggest any other option?

Correct answer by
Level 3

Delete is a combination of jcr:removeNode & jcr:removeChildNodes permissions. Here achieve/resolve above scenario we can use jcr:removeChildNodes as a privilege.