Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

page sorting on siteadmin

Level 4

Hi,

is it possible to order pages in a certain way through site admin and then when we do an xpath search retain the order we defined through siteadmin for results we find through xpath search.

Thanks 

Chris 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Usually you don't have a search when you want the node order and can simply use navigational access (node.getNodes()) in that case. Example at [1] and then in logic you can apply filter.   

In Jackrabbit/CRX you can globally configure "respectDocumentOrder" for the query index, which is turned off by default, since it is expensive. It would have effect on queries w/o any order by statement (and might only affect xpath & sql). There is no explicit order by document order statement at all. 

[1]

<%
Resource r = slingRequest.getResourceResolver().getResource( "/content/geometrixx/en");
Node rootNode = r.adaptTo(Node.class);
NodeIterator it = rootNode.getNodes();
while(it.hasNext()){
Node node = it.nextNode();
%>
<%=node.getName()%>
<%
}
%>

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Can you please provide more details on what you want to do. You want to use SiteAdmin to order pages? 

Level 4

I want to use siteadmin to order pages in a certain way eg 

page1 - has a property called foods

page3  - has a property called games

page4  - has a property called drinks

page9 -  has a property called games

page10 -  - has a property called foods

I would like to now write a servlet to search for foods and games

I would like the order to be retained as 

page1 - has a property called foods

page3  - has a property called games

page9 -  has a property called games

page10 -  - has a property called foods

Level 10

Your requirement does not look like sorting. It is about filtering. You can meet it using [1] & might be additional filtering. 

[1]   http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/developing/customize_siteadmin.html

Level 4

what I want to do is use querymanager to select from a particular path and get all the pages in that. 

However I want the result to retain the node ordering you see inside jcr

eg

news page

--> news page 3

--> news page 1

--> news page 3

when I run my query using querymanager I want to retain the above order in the queryresults

Correct answer by
Level 10

Usually you don't have a search when you want the node order and can simply use navigational access (node.getNodes()) in that case. Example at [1] and then in logic you can apply filter.   

In Jackrabbit/CRX you can globally configure "respectDocumentOrder" for the query index, which is turned off by default, since it is expensive. It would have effect on queries w/o any order by statement (and might only affect xpath & sql). There is no explicit order by document order statement at all. 

[1]

<%
Resource r = slingRequest.getResourceResolver().getResource( "/content/geometrixx/en");
Node rootNode = r.adaptTo(Node.class);
NodeIterator it = rootNode.getNodes();
while(it.hasNext()){
Node node = it.nextNode();
%>
<%=node.getName()%>
<%
}
%>

Level 4

Hi Thanks,

If I was to do node.getNodes() how heavy a call is this compared to me doing a search use querymanager with all the filters applied?

thanks

Level 10

it all deponds on your structure & number of nodes.  respectDocumentOrder will surely be expensive compared to node.getNodes()