Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

page 'Reference' as available in siteadmin

Former Community Member

Hi,

We have created a component that enables the user to drag and drop the components from Content Finder Tab (classic UI). We have configured the Content Finder to display components present under specific path. When user drags a component, it updates the path (name of a property as used in the dialog) with the path exactly upto the component. Say, if the component being dragged is present in a page under /content/assets/key1. when this is dragged, it updates the path (value in the dialog) as /content/assets/key1/jcr:content/key. The component is visible in the page it is dragged in. 

This scenario results in an anomaly. In siteadmin, when we select a page, under tools, there is an OOB facility to check where a particular page is referenced. The details for the component that is dragged in the scenario above is not shown when we select the component and click on "References". The reason is that the path mentioned above, is the path to the component but reference facility uses the path of the actual page. When I change the path to /content/assets/key1 in the dialog in which the component has been dragged, the reference works fine. Is there any way that I can handle this? I want it to show the reference even when the component of a particular page is referenced in some other page..

if we change the OOB behavior, it will be changed for all the pages but the requirement is to make it happen only in case of the reference component..Please suggest

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

'Reference' OOB is built to get all the references at the page level. So you might have to build similar solution separately for components aswell if you need it but you shouldnt be changing the functionality of Page references.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

'Reference' OOB is built to get all the references at the page level. So you might have to build similar solution separately for components aswell if you need it but you shouldnt be changing the functionality of Page references.