Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Page Properties dialog tab is empty on page creation

Level 5

Hello All - I see the behavior that the page properties dialog tab is blank only when I create a page. once the page is created, I am able to see the all fields. The issue is happening only with the page creation flow. If it is an individual fields, I can use "cq:showOnCreate" to handle the field but this case is different. Could someone tell me what could be the cause for this issue. I dont see any errors in the logs.

Dialog:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <jcr:root xmlns:sling="http://sling.apache.org/jcr/sling/1.0" xmlns:granite="http://www.adobe.com/jcr/granite/1.0" xmlns:cq="http://www.day.com/jcr/cq/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0" xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0" jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" jcr:title="Page" sling:resourceType="cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog" extraClientlibs="[cq.common.wcm,core.wcm.components.page.v1.editor,cq.wcm.msm.properties,granite.contexthub.configuration,cq.siteadmin.admin.properties]" helpPath="https://www.adobe.com/go/aem_cmp_page_v1" mode="edit" trackingFeature="core-components:page:v1"> <content granite:class="cq-dialog-content-page" jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/container"> <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"> <tabs granite:class="cq-siteadmin-admin-properties-tabs" jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/tabs" size="L"> <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:hideChildren="[advanced,thumbnail,cloudservices,personalization,permissions]"> <basic jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" jcr:title="Basic" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/fixedcolumns"> <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"> <column jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/container"> <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"> <title jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include" path="/mnt/overlay/wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items/column/items/title"/> <disabledefault jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/checkbox" fieldDescription="By selecting this option, the default no index tag value will be removed from the HTML of the page" fieldLabel="Disable Default No indexTag" name="./disablebydefault" text="Disable Default No indexTag"/> <noindex jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textfield" fieldLabel="No Index" name="./noIndex"/> <moretitles jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" jcr:title="More Titles and Description" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/fieldset"> <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"> <pagetitle jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textfield" fieldLabel="Page Title for Site1" name="./pageTitle"/> <pagetitleUms jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textfield" fieldLabel="Page Title for Site2" name="./pageTitleUms"/> <navtitle jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textfield" fieldLabel="Navigation Title" name="./navTitle"/> <subtitle jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textfield" fieldLabel="Subtitle" name="./subtitle"/> <description jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textarea" fieldLabel="Description for Site1" name="./jcr:description"/> <descriptionUms jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textarea" fieldLabel="Description for Site2" name="./jcr:descriptionUms"/> </items> </moretitles> <onofftime jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include" path="/mnt/overlay/wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items/column/items/onofftime"/> <vanityurl jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include" path="/mnt/overlay/wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items/column/items/vanityurl"/> </items> </column> </items> </basic> <pageBanner jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" jcr:title="Banner" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/fixedcolumns"> <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"> <column jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/container"> <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"> <isPageBannered jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/checkbox" fieldDescription="Check to Banner the page" fieldLabel="Is Page Bannered?" name="./isPageBannered" text="Is Page Bannered?"/> <customBanneringMessage/> </items> </column> </items> </pageBanner> <tagging jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" jcr:title="Tagging" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/fixedcolumns"> <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"> <column jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/container"> <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"> <hideFromSearch jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/checkbox" fieldDescription="By selecting this option, this page will be hidden from site crawls and search results." fieldLabel="Hide From Search" name="./hideFromSearch" text="Hide From Search"/> <description jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/textarea" fieldLabel="Search Description" name="./description"/> <tags jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="cq/gui/components/coral/common/form/tagfield" fieldLabel="Tags/Keywords" multiple="{Boolean}true" name="./tags"/> </items> </column> </items> </tagging> </items> </tabs> </items> </content> </jcr:root>

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

@v1101 , I checked your dialog and compare with my implementation. Can you follow me and check whether its working for you or not. i copied the basic tab from OOTB page component to my page component (see below snapshot for the reference)

kchaurasiya_0-1623911773586.pngkchaurasiya_1-1623912220013.png

and i added some custom field on the basic tab then included the basic tab inside my page component dialog so that basic tab properties along with the custom fields will be available on the all the pages.

<basic jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include"
path="my-project/components/structure/page/tabs/basic" />

This is working fine for me on AEM 6.4. Please try this and let me know. 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

1. It might be some access related  or configuration issue in your custom project or may be some project root page and Template configuration path . You can try to create a page on other project path and check.

2. Second thing If you have customised your page property dialog then there might be some mistake in that. Please check that properly and add custom field one by one and check.

For the better knowing share the snapshot of the issue.

Thank You. Good day..!!

Level 5
@kchaurasiya - I have a total of 5 custom tabs. Even I tried with some custom tab and created the page in another path, I still see the same issue. If there are any issues with the page properties then it shouldn't be visible on edit of the dialog as well. Can you check the dialog I pasted above and tell me if there are any issues,

Community Advisor

Hi @v1101 

Your custom page component is inheriting from core page component?

Do you see any flag added on the page component to hide these properties while creating the page?

Thanks!

Level 5
@Asutosh_Jena_ - Yes, my JSP based static page component is inheriting "foundation/components/page". I have even tried with "core/wcm/components/page/v2/page". Using sling:hideChildren, I am hiding only "advanced, thumbnail, cloudservices, personalization, permissions". Can you tell me if there are any issues with the dialog I pasted in the question section.

Correct answer by
Level 6

@v1101 , I checked your dialog and compare with my implementation. Can you follow me and check whether its working for you or not. i copied the basic tab from OOTB page component to my page component (see below snapshot for the reference)

kchaurasiya_0-1623911773586.pngkchaurasiya_1-1623912220013.png

and i added some custom field on the basic tab then included the basic tab inside my page component dialog so that basic tab properties along with the custom fields will be available on the all the pages.

<basic jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include"
path="my-project/components/structure/page/tabs/basic" />

This is working fine for me on AEM 6.4. Please try this and let me know. 

Thank you.