Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Page.listChildren() or data-sly-list=currentPage.listChildren to return sorted list

Level 1

Hi All,

I am recursively listing out all the sub pages from a path using data-sly-list=currentPage.listChildren. But its returning the list as per node structure, is there anyway we can pass some parameters to get a sorted list based on title or published date.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6
5 Replies

Employee Advisor

data-sly-list is not currently having control to handle iteration order of list. You would have to change the order in the data you are feeding to list using JavaScript or Java Use API, following is example of JavaScript use API

In logic.js file

use(function () { 
     var someArrayVar = [1,2,3,4];
     return{ someArrayRev : someArrayVar.sort() };
});

In HTML Markup

<div data-sly-use.logic="logic.js"> 
     <div data-sly-list="${logic.someArrayRev}"> ${item} </div>
<div>

Level 1

Hi Nirmala,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried to do the same using currentPage.listChildren but i don't see any  methods which will give a sorted list based on some attributes(replication date, title) just like Filters(which will return specific pages).

use(function () {
     return { pageList : currentPage.listChildren }
});

Community Advisor

Using the Use script, there's no such method/parameter available to return sorted data. if you wish to get sorted list based on specific parameter/condition, in that case, write logic in Java. Write either in Sling model or service and utilise accordingly.

Community Advisor

There is another method, which allows you to add filter while listing page

Page ("The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application.")

You need to create filter by implementing below interface and there you can set cafeteria for a page to be included in list.

PageFilter ("The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application.")

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi mohani57395378​,

Please check this as well.

Best Way to Sort a List of Resources ?

Regards,

Ram