Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Page Dialog overlay in AEM 6.0

Former Community Member

Hi all,

I'm trying to add a new dialog tab to the standard page dialog in AEM 6.0. I want to keep the basic and advanced tab. How would I do that?

Here's what I tried and what didn't work:

• using the overlay tool in CRXDE I created the structure "/apps/foundation/components/page/cq:dialog/content/items/columns/items/tabs/items"
  • there I created my new tab with all it's child nodes
  • if I leave it as that I don't get a dialog at all so I had to add some sling:resourceType(s) to the various nodes along the way (the documentation [1] makes it sound like the types don't matter!?)
  • once I added all those types back I get a dialog but it just has my new tab in it and it's missing basic/advanced
  • I then tried adding those basic/advanced nodes under 'items' and inheriting their properties with "xtype=cqinclude" and "path=/libs/foundation/components/page/cq:dialog/content/items/columns/items/tabs/items/basic.infinity.json" [2] but that didn't work either, I get an error in the logs [3]

What am I missing?

[1] http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/develop/platform/overlays.html

[2] http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/XtypeCqInclude.html

[3] Error:

21.08.2014 16:55:50.842 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1408665350825] GET /apps/foundation/components/page/_cq_dialog.html/content/plex/en/jcr:content HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource JcrNodeResource, type=cq:Widget, superType=null, path=/apps/foundation/components/page/cq:dialog/content/items/columns/items/tabs/items/basic

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The point of the article was to show how to use sling:resourceType properties to build a dialog in Touch UI. Your approach is correct - copy it from libs, put in under apps and modify the dialog to add an extra tab. I will try that to see if i can reduplicate your issue. It may be a bug. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Are you simply trying to add a new tab to a CQ cq dialog - as shown here:

[img]tab.png[/img]

You need to properly set the JCR nodes under dialog. 

Former Community Member

Yes, I'm just trying to add a tab to the existing foundation page dialog. Not the ExtJs dialog, the new Granite UI one.

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by "properly set the JCR nodes under dialog"? The way I read the documentation on this [1] is that for an overlay the structure is enough, I don't need all properties of all nodes on the way. Or did I misunderstand this?

Level 10

OK - granite (aka- Touch UI)  is a new way of setting a dialog. In Classic - you set JCR nodes and xtypes to get tabs appearing in the dialog. For Touch UI - you set sling:resourceType properties to make tabs appear in the dialog.

We have a community article on creating a Touch UI component - that includes 1 tab:

[img]TouchDialog.png[/img]

And the types do matter as talked about in this community article:

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-touchui-component.html

Former Community Member

Hi,

either I'm a little slow today or we are talking about two different things...

I am aware that the Touch UI works differently and I know how to add tabs to a dialog. What I'm trying to do is extend an existing dialog without copying the existing tabs. For example, the page dialog of the foundation page [1] has two tabs: Basic + Advanced. I want to add a third one. How would I go about doing that? (What I tried is described in my initial post)

Thanks,

Paul

[1] /libs/wcm/foundation/components/page/cq:dialog/content/items/columns/items/tabs/items

Correct answer by
Level 10

The point of the article was to show how to use sling:resourceType properties to build a dialog in Touch UI. Your approach is correct - copy it from libs, put in under apps and modify the dialog to add an extra tab. I will try that to see if i can reduplicate your issue. It may be a bug. 

Former Community Member

Any luck replicating our issue? It's a little annoying to copy the entire components into our build for something that small.