Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Page Compression in CQ to expedite page transfer to browser

Level 4

Can we do some kind of compression in CQ to expedite page transfer to browser? I know we can do this for JS and CSS by minifying.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9
To activate compression, you will need to log in to your Felix console and enable the minify option.

1. Go to {ServerURL}/system/console/configMgr
  2. Scroll down and click on "Day CQ HTML Library Manager"
  3. Click on the Minify checkbox
  4. (Optional) Enable Gzip

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9
To activate compression, you will need to log in to your Felix console and enable the minify option.

1. Go to {ServerURL}/system/console/configMgr
  2. Scroll down and click on "Day CQ HTML Library Manager"
  3. Click on the Minify checkbox
  4. (Optional) Enable Gzip

Employee Advisor

You should configure your webservers (which have the dispatcher as module) to use HTTP compression; on the Apache HTTPD webserver you can use mod_deflate. This reduces the size of all pure text formats like CSS,JS and also HTML files. Enabling gzip compression on AEM itself is rather useless, as most of the CSS and JS are supported to be cached on the dispatcher. And as they are stored in the dispatcher cache in an uncompressed format, you need to compress them again on delivery.  Remember, HTTP compression is only to reduce bandwith usage, not to reduce the storage usage on both ends.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 4

thanks !! I am already doing that. Any other way to compress page content and get it delivered to browser?

Level 9

Some other optimization techniques

Merge CSS & JS

Include JS at the bottom of HTML

Minify CSS & JS

Add caching layer

Optimize http requests

Enable http gzip compression on apache (uncomment mod_deflate.so) or any other server if you have

On apache uncomment mod_expires module