Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Page activation activating nt:unstructured node not under jcr:content

Level 4

Hi All,

Currently I am having issue, when I activate a page say test.html a node under test page is also getting replicated. So node path /test/unWantedNodeReplication while I was expecting only node under /test/jcr:content/ should be replicated. Is this is a product bug?

I am using AEM 6.0 SP2. 

Thanks!

Shehjad

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Shehjadkhan wrote...

Hi Jintendra and Lee,

Thank you for replies, I am aware of replication option at the node level. But that is not the problem I am trying to solve, issue is I want to keep some data under a page outside jcr:content that does not get replicated on page activation. I am replicating them using some other custom code on the basis of use cases.

Thanks!

Shehjad

In the authoring interface only pages can get activated as a whole. If your pages contain elements, which should not get activated (or by a different workflow), you should explicitly design for it, and maintain this data outside of the page. It's not possible to exclude parts of a page from being replicated, unless you want to implement this completely on your own (and that's something you should really avoid!).

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 8

This is expected and 100% normal.

If there is a node that you do not want to be activated when a page is activated, I would consider storing that value elsewhere.

Level 9

Hey Shehjadkhan,

You could replicate a single node by using crxde tool. Goto a node path which you want to replicate in cxde and check the crxde bottom console with "Replicate" tab.

Fin attachment for more help.[img]Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 9.08.09 am.png[/img]

Jitendra

Level 8

That's an option, but your authors should never ever be granted access to CRXDE Lite.

Level 4

Hi Jintendra and Lee,

Thank you for replies, I am aware of replication option at the node level. But that is not the problem I am trying to solve, issue is I want to keep some data under a page outside jcr:content that does not get replicated on page activation. I am replicating them using some other custom code on the basis of use cases.

Thanks!

Shehjad

Level 9

Is there any problem keep data (which you don't want to replicate along with the page) outside of page than keep outside of jcr:content?. For instance, keep it in some etc location. 

Jitendra

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Shehjadkhan wrote...

Hi Jintendra and Lee,

Thanks!

Shehjad

In the authoring interface only pages can get activated as a whole. If your pages contain elements, which should not get activated (or by a different workflow), you should explicitly design for it, and maintain this data outside of the page. It's not possible to exclude parts of a page from being replicated, unless you want to implement this completely on your own (and that's something you should really avoid!).

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 8

Jörg Hoh wrote...

Shehjadkhan wrote...

Hi Jintendra and Lee,

Thanks!

Shehjad

kind regards,
Jörg

Totally agree with this.

Ultimately it comes down to how the system/components were architected.  If all of the nodes being activated is a problem, I would start by re-thinking the implementation and tailor it to what you're trying to achieve.

Level 4

Thank you everyone I understand what you are saying, have changed the implementation to store nodes not under the node.