Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Packages in apps/system/install is wiped off

Level 2

I have created project (say project A) just pushing AWS libraries to AEM in the apps/system/install folder, so that my other project (say project B) running on the same author instance can use those libraries within OSGI framework. After project A has pushed the libraries, I can see them in apps/system/install. However, when I tried to build project B, the command mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage will wipe whatever project A added to apps/system/install. So that project B bundle will not be active as it still unable to find those libraries. Any suggestion how to prevent Project B to wipe the content in the  apps/system/install? or there is an alternative?

many thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

In project B, you need to change the configuration in the filter.xml file.

ui.apps\src\main\content\META-INF\vault\filter.xml

Open the filter.xml file and look for  <filter root="/apps/system/install"/> if you see that in project B then this is overriding Project A folder

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

In project B, you need to change the configuration in the filter.xml file.

ui.apps\src\main\content\META-INF\vault\filter.xml

Open the filter.xml file and look for  <filter root="/apps/system/install"/> if you see that in project B then this is overriding Project A folder

Employee Advisor

Just choose different paths where you drop your bundles. And btw /apps/system* is often used by product packages (especially service packs). I don't know their package rules.

Level 2

if I choose a different path, would jars be installed? I thought it has to be those specific path? If not what what is requirement for  create/specify a new path

Employee Advisor

yes, the path for jar (bundles) can be choose freely according to this pattern:

/apps/*/*/install

/apps/*/install

that means a folder named install must be on third or fourth level inside /apps. You can choose the names of the path elements freely.