Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Package Manager issue with content not getting updated when installed from packagemanager.

Level 2

Hi All,

Whenever im installing a package by uploading the ui.content.zip from target folder onto the aem package manager, it is observed that the changes do not reflect in our aem instance on installation. Each time it needs to be uninstalled first, before installing a new content package. 

Note - This question is for the envt's where we do not have a devops or provision for running autoInstallPackage present.

The ui.apps and ui.content zip folder from target are uploaded and installed.

It is observed that even force update does not add the updated content onto the nodes.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Please check if the filter.xml is configured as required under ui.content\src\main\content\META-INF\vault -  e.g

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<workspaceFilter version="1.0">
<filter root="/content/emailtemplate"/>
<filter root="/content/dam/emailtemplate"/>
</workspaceFilter>

If the mode is enabled, ensure the appropriate value is configured 

e.g
    <filter root="/content/emailtemplate" mode="merge" />
</workspaceFilter>

"replace" - This is the normal behavior. Existing content is replaced completely by the imported content, i.e. is overridden or deleted accordingly.
"merge" - Existing content is not modified, i.e. only new content is added and none is deleted or modified.
"update" - Existing content is updated, new content is added and none is deleted.
The default filter mode is "replace"

Regards

Albin I

www.albinsblog.com

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Please check if the filter.xml is configured as required under ui.content\src\main\content\META-INF\vault -  e.g

<filter root="/content/emailtemplate"/>
<filter root="/content/dam/emailtemplate"/>
</workspaceFilter>

If the mode is enabled, ensure the appropriate value is configured 

e.g
    <filter root="/content/emailtemplate" mode="merge" />
</workspaceFilter>

"replace" - This is the normal behavior. Existing content is replaced completely by the imported content, i.e. is overridden or deleted accordingly.
"merge" - Existing content is not modified, i.e. only new content is added and none is deleted or modified.
"update" - Existing content is updated, new content is added and none is deleted.
The default filter mode is "replace"

Regards

Albin I

www.albinsblog.com

Level 2
Thanks for the response. This did work for me.

Community Advisor

Hi @binoyp 

Please check the fliter.xml like @Albin_Issac suggested. 

Also same issue occurs with versions as well. If the version of snapshot which you are trying to install is lower than the snapshot which is present in crx, even with force upload new snapshot will not be picked up. 

Version of snapshot which we are trying to install should be equal or higher than the snapshot in crx. In which case you need to update the version/delete the higher version from crx. 

Please do have a check for version as well. 

Level 2
Hi Vaibhavi , the solution with the filter did work out. Thanks a lot for the reply .

Level 10

Hi @binoyp,

As @Albin_Issac and @Vaibhavi_J have mentioned, please make sure your filter root is set to replace mode.

However, if the filter is the cause, you should have the same issues with the autoInstall profiles as you do with installing manually, so at first glance it would seem like that's not the underlying problem.

When you install via Package Manager, you can see the list of nodes that is changes (with A, U or D flags to tell you if it was an Add, Update or Delete operation).

Theo_Pendle_0-1593080862904.png

What are you seeing with regards to the nodes in question?

Also: there are some know bugs with the Package Manager in the latest Chrome versions, try the same action via Firefox.

Level 2
Hi Theo , it turned out to be an issue with the filter xml option. Thanks for the reply and the info regarding the node status in the activity log.