Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Package Manager API Documentation?

Level 1

Hello Good People of  AEM,

I'm trying to install a content package as part of a testing automation step; before the test install a package, after the test uninstall the package. My tests are written in Java and I'm trying to use the HTTP API to CRX.

The 1st problem: The documentation disappeared. It used to be on this page: https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/crx/2-3/how_to/package_manager.html

It now looks like the page isn't rendering all the way; there is no footer or right-side navigation. And there used to be a page anchor to a section about managing packages from the command line... now it's gone!

Additionally, documentation examples are/were in cURL, but I'd love to see working examples of making the POST request in any programming language. I'm having issues with uploading via a POST to crx/packmgr/service/.json/etc/packages/NRG/insights.zip?cmd=upload. I get a success response, but the package isn't in CRX. Feel like I'm missing something... special header? Special flags in the request body?

Thank you,

Cory

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
4 Replies

Level 10

The link you referenced is very very old. 2.3!

Here is the latest version of these docs for AEM 6.3: How to Work With Packages

Also - you can use the PackageManager API if you want to use Java to work with Packages - see: PackageManager (Adobe CQ 5.5 Java Documentation 5.5.0 API)

Level 1

Thank you for your reply. That page is talking about CRX version 2.3 which is included on AEM 6.3 is my understanding. Also, now that page is rendering all the way, and you can see how it gives examples like:

UPLOADING PACKAGES (CLI)

To upload a package, use the following command in your terminal:

curl -u <uid>:<pwd> -F package=@<package.zip> http://localhost:7402/crx/packmgr/service/.json/?cmd=upload

I'm trying to find better documentation on this. All the examples are in cURL and I when not using cURL I get a success message from CRX but the content package is not installed.

Can anyone verify that the JcrPackageManager (Adobe CQ 5.5 Java Documentation 5.5.0 API)  works on AEM 6.3?

Correct answer by
Level 10