Expand my Community achievements bar.

Package already exists error in deploy step of cloud manager

Level 2

We've two thirdparty packages which we've included in the code and these packages we successfully installed in the first deployment via cloud manager. However, from the next deployment it gives an error saying package already exists. These packages are added in /apps/search-packages/install/application. we're using AEMaaCS.

Is there a way we can forceupload the packages as part of the CM deployment?

6 Replies

Level 2

Thanks Jagadeesh. Unfortunately these are not hosted or cannot be hosted on public artifactory. So we've to push these packages directly as part of the code only. Issue is not about getting the package installed/functional. Packages are not getting uploaded as the packages is already shipped as part of the previous deployment. we get package already exists error in the cloud manager.

Employee Advisor

Hi @prajwalreddii1 ,

Please check for detailed failure reason in logs.

To my understanding I think deploying same version again might be causing an issue.

If that was one time activity to deploy that packages, you can remove that from the proceeding deployments.

Thanks,

Milind

Level 2

Hi @milind_bachani ,

Yes, It is one time activity. If we remove the filter the package content is not available in the next build. Issue is due to same version and package not getting updated. Was checking if we've any option for force upload. Below is the error from CM logs

[12:23:17.352] [ ERROR ] [ main ] com.adobe.granite.skyline.install.packages.InstallPackages - Annotated error in main thread
com.adobe.granite.skyline.install.packages.exceptions.AnnotatedException: Uploading of package my_packages:search-1.2.0 failed! Reason:Package already exists: my_packages:search-1.2.0:-cp2fm-converted
at com.adobe.granite.skyline.install.packages.packagehandling.Upload.uploadPackage(Upload.java:73)
at com.adobe.granite.skyline.install.packages.PushProcessedPackages.push(PushProcessedPackages.java:69)
at com.adobe.granite.skyline.install.packages.InstallPackages.install(InstallPackages.java:82)
at com.adobe.granite.skyline.install.packages.Main.call(Main.java:61)
at com.adobe.granite.skyline.install.packages.Main.call(Main.java:25)

Community Advisor

Did you have any vault filter rule in filter.xml like below

<filter root="/apps/search-packages/application/install"/>

Level 2

Yes @Lokesh_Vajrala. we're adding the filter due to which the package uploading says already exists.