Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Overlay not working for a JSP file

Level 2

Hi,

I am working on making certain code enhancements to .JSP file that have Java and HTML components. When I am making my changes directly in /libs, it is being displayed perfectly on the page. But, when I try to overlay this JSP by the usual technique, the code from the JSP is not being displayed at all. That means, neither the original /libs content nor the overlayed /apps content wherein I have made the changes.
FYI, I am working with DITA files and the DITA plugin is already installed. Does it need anything else to overlay? Please let me know if more info is needed.

Thanks in advance!

Sonakshi S.

8 Replies

Level 10

Could you check error logs for any possible error/warnings or syntax issues in jsp?

Administrator

These changes are not visible on the author or publish instance?

If it is a publish instance, are you sure that you are publishing the JSP again (this is not a page activation)?

Kautuk Sahni

Employee Advisor

A simple overlay should suffice. Can you give the name of the package you would like to customize?

Jörg

Level 10

Make sure you are following all information specified here -- Overlays

Level 8

Hi,

At times we miss out on providing the entire path in overlayed file, "/libs/fmdita/components/dita/common/localization.jsp". Hope that is proper.

Level 2

Hi,

Thank you all for the replies.
Turns out that there was some server issue due to which my changes were not visible. I was struggling for 2 days to reflect my changes. Then, suddenly on the third morning, it started working! I didn't have to do anything extra for overlaying.

Thanks!