Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to get user list in AEM

Level 3

HI,

I am trying to pull list of members under "intranet-authors" group using query debugger in AEM 6.3.

below is the crxde page.

In below screenshot - in rep:memebrs properties only ID for users are given.. When is select the ID then it goes the corresponding user name.

Please suggest the query to get the name of users

1672667_pastedImage_1.png

Used below query to get the info but i am getting only path results.

p.hits=selective

p.limit=-1

p.properties=jcr:uuid

path=/home/groups/intranet/intranet-authors/

type=rep:users

p.properties=jcr:path

1672668_pastedImage_2.png

5 Replies

Level 3

Hi  - Thanks for sharing the link. To be frank i have already reviewed the links before posting the note but that doesn't give the exact query to get the user list. As mentioned in links - our environment is not suitable to get information through user admin console. Please suggest a exact query that pulls the member list in AEM? I believe that is really possible through query debugger

Level 7

It is not adviced to make a query to fetch user list, as a group might contain uuid of another group as rep:member which in turns contains another group. It is not possible to fetch it using single query in query builder.

I would rather advice if possible please use group interface api and call below method to get list of members.

Iterator<Authorizable>getMembers()

Employee Advisor

I recommend to try the "Users to CSV Exporter" of ACS AEM Commons [1] instead of doing it yourself :-)

Jörg

[1] Exporters